Monday, June 07, 2004

Hardcore workout regimen

Those of who have me on MSN may have noticed that I've got the words "Harcore workout regimen time" permenantly attached to my name over the past few weeks. This all started with when I saw Supersize Me. If you ever needed the motivation to quit junk food and get yourself into shape, I recommend watching it.

I give the movie all the credit it deserves because it really did get me thinking. We all know that McDonald's and fast food in general were bad for you, but how bad? Watching Morgan Spurlock eat the stuff nonstop for an entire month and seeing the effects it had on his body (gained 25 lbs in a month) and his personality (depressive, tired, ill) were pretty disturbing. It leaves me wondering just how much I've neglected to take care of my body for 21 years and what it's gonna take in me to completely turn it around instead settling for mediocrity.

There's probably a lot of us who find ourselves in that situation. You know, the situation where you really want to accomplish something important, but can never seem to find that motivation to perservere when we don't see the immediate result. On numerous occasions I've been guilty of doing just that. It kind of typifies the lack of patience that I have, even though I know full well the benefits in the long term.

With all this in mind, part of me has come to associate the weight I am so determined to lose as symbolism of all the things that I've quit on because I didn't see that immediate improvement. My thinking is that by overcoming this 21 year burden, it means that I've finally developed that determination to overcome the "quit now, take the easy path mentality" that I know resides in me.

So, the questions I wind up asking myself is: How badly do I want this? Where is that desire in me? That determination? I know it'll take every ounce of strength in me to do it, but I have faith that in coming out as the victor. What drives me this time around isn't personal ambition or self satisfaction, but the realization that the potential has been given to me to accomplish this task. I just need to have that perserverence to keep the desire constantly burning in me...and one hardcore workout regimen. I've got 11 weeks. The clock is ticking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home