Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Shared Victory!

I'm free! Free from 600 pound monkey that been on my back for the past month, otherwise known as my LEED Accreditation Exam. I kid you not, that material is dry that you get dehydrated just from reading it. Really, this situation was my own doing. I paid an awful price over the past month, missing countless outings in order to get myself out of the hole I dug myself in. The price of pride and stubbornness.

Looking back and I can't believe how arrogant and prideful I was. I came into this exam with the expectation the certification would just come to me. As if it was something that I was owed. I should know better. The world owes me nothing.

God has been drilling in me the lesson of being great at the little things. Quite often that is where you find God.

What makes this exam so special was that it was done God way. God had beckoned me to look at the little details and to reach out for help. For support, for prayer, for encouragement. It would be so easy to handle to burden on my own, because then the expectations are minimized. That on its own right is contrary to how God works. God victory is glorified when shared, when you're willing to be vulnerable and ask for help. The greatest feeling is watching God come through and know that the sweet taste of victory is one that is shared with those willing to help.

Maybe it was all part of the plan. To have friends willing to sacrifice their time for you is a wonderful blessing. Thanks so much guys, and to those who prayed for me. You know who you are.

That being said, this victory is God's. It leaves me with only one outstanding thought: God is good. It's just the beginning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boris' Dad said...

have you considered becoming a pastor?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Geoff, I have. I believe God has other plans for me, I'll share them with you sometime. In the meantime, he's calling me to be a good son, good sibling, a good friend and a good servant. All I have to say is, it's bloody hard.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Bonbon said...

It's great to have you as a friend, Pat...You are a faithful servant. I'm glad you learned a lot over the past month=)

Your writings encourage others who may be going through similar problems/struggles yet at the same time you offer praises to God for the things He has blessed you with.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home