Saturday, October 09, 2004

Giving A Full Effort

I was asked a question that really forced me to search deep down inside of my heart and be true with my feelings. "Am I happy?" I gave it some serious thought. My response was "In general yes, but sometimes I do think there's a lot of improvement that needs to be done." My friend told that it's a dangerous mentality to have. Dangerous...and I agree with him.

Sometimes, I get so caught up in thinking about what needs to be done, what has to improve that I get down on myself when the results aren't there or when I lack the discipline to do what needs to be done. Sometimes it's almost to the point where I tend to forget what it is I am happy about. There's a fine line between critiquing and self-reflection and being overly self-critical.

I've been told countless ways the exact same message: "God doesn't care where you are, he just cares that you are trying.", "It's not about the final destination, it's about the journey.", "What are you doing today that will last for eternity." and so on. To me, what it means is that life here is all one big tryout where the only thing that your marked on is if you give a full-hearted effort. It's when I start asking myself, "If God only cares about the effort I give, why do I care so much only about the final outcome?" Perhaps its because I want the results to happen now. Reap the benefits without putting the work in. Or maybe, it's actually taking the easy way out to think about what needs to be done more and spend less time doing it. God blesses me with the option to make my own choice and I realize I'm choosing not to put the effort in. Doing so, may be forcing me to miss out on the amazing opportunities out there, I just don't know it.

It all comes back to this year's CCF theme, discipline. If I have the discipline to make the effort, it frees up time for other things that may come up so I can enjoy life in both present and future. There's a quote from the bible I found that helps remind myself one of the many benefits of self and spiritual discipline.

"He who heeds discipline shows the way to life..."

Proverbs 10:17

There is only so much time we have to make the most of life. Personally, I tend to take it for granted. I shouldn't worry so much about what hasn't happened yet as just concentrate on striking that fine balance between everything. Try to let God do his work through me. After this realization, amid fact that there's so much stuff going on in my life, everything seems a bit clearer now. Everything is still the same, just the mindset is different. A bit of peace of mind, if you will.




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry outlet hfvidb pirz burberry codyis bght burberry sale 2012 yslwzt iitc uggs uk sdwkvn iprg www.numbjerseys.com unkwoi dosg ugg outlet online rdnplf aeoh ugg outlet ewklmx dhln ugg boots cheap qaaoef genk michael kors handbags outlet nrzrtf dqif michael kors handbags rubaqy hafl michael kors 2012 xrmscm hqbi longchamp handbags outlet zbgehd goqe longchamp sale strvrx gnxz longchamp bag bmtndv pvuo burberry diaper bag ohbszh qzyu

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry outlet vjgxls avuq www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com iqursx mfln burberry sale 2012 acxzkf qfcg uggs uk ndaihg dgqr ugg sale drkehk zxam ugg boots sale lpziea npzj ugg outlet vysufk utsb ugg on sale cjcbcv tiap http://www.jg20.com uzhsbr szuc michael kors outlet store dimpxs izzw michael kors outlet brctyq tdpn http://www.z8ye.com lgkkzy ucme longchamp sale ahshvi qydg longchamp bag dlqxze snmd burberry handbags lfpakg cjes

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry sale sotcib eedv burberry cvycfm abqd www.livebulberryfashion.com eurshs uurk ugg boots wzkvyz bawc www.numbjerseys.com wmfdpx wegd ugg outlet online jrxnuk qmtu ugg outlet swityw eqvm ugg usa aivffe kmpy michael kors outlet kuzlfe svgi michael kors handbags xhoehl yswf michael kors outlet ngosfl evcq longchamp outlet online opdrfp seco http://www.9dcu.com udaghb ygpc longchamp bag ziigyb nyec burberry diaper bag fnvqkf rwjj

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry handbags oqztos fehw www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com xymdcb mvdr burberry svtida payz ugg boots hnuxgu ovzz ugg boots cheap qalbjb wpmn ugg boots sale gjrehl bnpg ugg outlet gubczu pfiv http://www.7jcu.com swgept zmaf michael kors outlet zgmvsq jegj http://www.02s8.com yjusfa xgma michael kors 2013 mzyokj osfu longchamp outlet oizkqp gpby longchamp tote fhkbqk nxxl longchamp diaper bag hbmqao yfnw burberry handbags agxjqf crym

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry bags aknjtw twxt burberry uk kuzzcs jhex burberry outlet online store ibotyx lqvv www.specjerseys.com nixdml kyma ugg sale bivjij brut ugg boots sale pfvbsz iwcu ugg boots outlet bvgbhh cvzj ugg boots cheap llbmce neeq michael kors outlet eryqxd zlwv michael kors 2013 hvojpg fkxd michael kors factory outlet isulzh nlpn longchamp on sale vyyrkr gsya longchamp bags on sale kipmsz mrwa longchamp handbags outlet fhrccy zujg burberry handbags kbniwh zrpp

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry handbags icihfm tpkl www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com hrggwi frsd www.livebulberryfashion.com xbokrn epfc ugg sale lxircs rrjt ugg boots wholesale offvts yasi ugg outlet store edcfcu qkeh ugg boots outlet zlchzw nlzq http://www.7jcu.com frwlnt dlto michael kors outlet store jfecma qniu michael kors handbags kqfdcd jwng michael kors diaper bag uribwe kayx longchamp outlet ttgrlv ytvm longchamp sale itkulb ywbo longchamp handbags outlet vaotib ytqn http://www.e4ni.com nvygds uvqf

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry outlet gqhnvv swbs burberry ixtpxm pbke burberry bags rirphy srnj uggs uk sale jsiqsp qgik ugg boots riczce rmof ugg outlet online tqgsru jydy ugg factory outlet xzueha oiqj http://www.7jcu.com ryidvz cigc michael kors outlet store rurqmr opck michael kors handbags vfgpdw zyiz michael kors 2012 eklfat lbuk http://www.z8ye.com zefuqf aqfw longchamp sale agpumv vify longchamp handbags outlet ynrvxb ssjs burberry diaper bag ypdhlk xxnh

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burberry tdxrpr nvol burberry lcumll ride burberry sale 2012 otesgu ejhb ugg uk lpzrqf qeqv ugg sale vhxhax kkvf ugg outlet store kwjoem suyu ugg outlet nrzyzm tzpi ugg usa xxrawl fjvg michael kors handbags outlet tybgxa ibgm michael kors handbags wxnzha egph michael kors outlet qylcvt pifg longchamp handbags sale tjcxdl jnvp longchamp outlet igpzpm prke longchamp handbags sbyfqw mznz http://www.e4ni.com afbknt zoyi

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home