Friday, September 10, 2004

Looking Back and Ahead

I had it all planned out four months ago. My crazy attempt to juggle faith, work, schooling, sports, friends and the sort, thinking that I'm a superman and can do all it with God's help. It seems as though I at times still try to be the one in the driver's seat of my life and God's there for me, when it really should be the other way around. At times, it still is one of the toughest things to accept. Simply put, I crashed and burned on most of my goals.

But I'm not the least dissapointed. Why should I be? I've been blessed with the opportunity to meet so many awesome people and find out more about who I am as a person. As if God is building the foundation in me for whatever direction he wants me to take in the future.

I wish I knew what the future has in store for me. Like many others right now, there's a sense of fear, excitement, sadness and joy coming back. Knowing that this is fourth year, that there will be a lot of good friends I won't be able to see as often and knowing the real world is breathing down my neck. I guess the reality is that I have to be ready to step out and be a positive example to the new group of kids much the way countless others have been positive examples to me. I pray that I'm ready for it. I can't wait to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home