Sunday, September 05, 2004

Simply Imagine

I'll admit, I never thought in this lifetime that I'd actually take up reading as leisure activity. But surprisingly enough, I'm really enjoying it. It's something relaxing, something enlightening, something for yourself. The words have this awesome ability to tell a story, re-open a mind that can often feel a bit dulled by the school or work, inspire the imagination.

Remember that word, imagination? That thing you used to have an abundance of when you were a child when life was so carefree. I dunno, sometimes I feel as I'm doing so much, focused so much on the immedate task at hand that I've forgotten what it feels like to let the mind wander a bit. To simply let the mind work. I believed that the way my mind always worked was in this straightforward analytical, logical manner. Befitting of the engineer that is me.

Yet somehow, I get the feeling that there's something more that's inside of me. A creative side that slowly starting to resurface, possibly from the all that reading, possibly from simply remembering the existance of the imagination.

In the end, I can't help but be amazed by it all. Even when I think I know myself completely, my likes and dislikes, something comes along and shows me how much more there is to discover. Something to rekindle that imagination. And really, I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cinamon Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home