Monday, November 06, 2006

Random Babble

So, I was unexpectly invited to have dinner with Jon (J-dawg) and his friend from work Ann, who is from Korea. THAT was a lot of fun! On the menu was teriyaki steak, pesto chicken fetuccine and vegetables. So much food!! There's nothing more satisfying than cooking dinner with friends, especially a dinner that would've cost you twice as much at a restaurant and probably only marginally better.

Originally Ann had said that she didn't know how to cook so I was trying to teach her the basics. I probably took it a bit too literally when I was telling her that we have to wait for the water to boil to cook the pasta. I thought to myself "She may be from another country but she probably knows how to turn on a stove and put a pot of water on it..."..Hmm...

I also learned that what Koreans called water isn't what we think water is. When I think water, I think of crystal clear liquid, so I was a bit confused when Ann pours me something that looks like apple juice while she was calling it water. So imagine my surprise when my water had a coffee/tea taste to it. Apparently that's what they call water over there.

Speaking of coffee, has anyone heard of Coca Cola Blak? It's suppose to be a mix Coke with coffee flavour. I don't know what combination they were trying to pull off but the drink was rather gross. At least the bottle looked cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger emahlee said...

you should cook me some of those vietnamese spring rolls of yours. *takes a moment to remember the yumminess*

10:11 PM  
Blogger elaine s said...

anything made by pat is good! Even boiled water!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Emily: How about we make a trade, spring rolls for pumpkin pie.

Elaine: Soon we'll get you making amazing food Elaine...hehehe

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home