Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pool Nostalgia

I've been craving a good length swim for many months now. The problem with condominium pools are that once you push off, you're pretty much done your length. It's like the Saturday Night Live skit with Jim Carrey as the Lifegaurd of a jacuzzi, where they have the guy come in for lap swimming. I found the clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpsL1r5jMBY

So today, I finally came across one close to my place and it's a 50 meter pool! Douglas Snow, I don't know who you were, but thank you for the Aquatic Center! Walking into the change room, seeing old-school lockers, showers and the pool deck reminds me of the PEC back at Queen's. I even saw one of those multi-coloured clocks that reminded me of swimming lessons and lifeguarding. Bronze Cross anyone?

Forgotten in all this nostalgia is that my body wasn't used to the swimming and tired out after a couple of laps. I even tried doing a kicking only with a flutterboard, which was murder. So now I have a new place to go after work to do exercise. Yeah!

Also, I wound up talking to Kaori on MSN last night. I managed to get around to sharing my testimony with her. I really hope it helps. Long Distance Evangelizing! Elaine, if you're reading this, Kaori's wife-carrying movie was very well documented and very interesting. Glad I went with Johnny and Nikki.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Use technology to spread the Gospel..Amen..

U kick for 50? impressive...i can't kick..even 25 i am dying :)

9:41 AM  
Blogger elaine s said...

Taht's awesome Pat! I've been praying that she would get to know a Christian in Japan that will take her under their wing and that she would read the Bible that we gave her. I guess long distance evangelizing is the next best thing!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Not sure if you've had a chance to talk to her or not, but I know she was curious about your story.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home