Monday, March 12, 2007

Budget Lunches

So, in my attempts to save money, I've drastically altered what I eat for lunch to find a happy medium between cheap and healthy. My boss is on a health kick where he buys wraps, salads or soups that total around $9.00 at a place called Fit For Life. I've come up with a more cost-effective solution that I call Cheap For Life.

My Lunch:

1/2 Can Of Baked Beans
1 Can of Tuna/Salmon/Sardines
Bananas or fruit that is on sale.

Cost: ~$2-$3

My Snack:

Tim Hortons Plain Tea Biscuit
Rolled Oats (Dry)

Cost: less than $1

Say what you want, it works so far...although I don't recommend buying the beans made with Maple Syrup. That was gross. Frugality, must be the asian in me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonbon said...

Yay for cost efficient lunches! I try to bring leftovers or in my case if I don't make it home by 8pm, the dinner that I would have eaten becomes my lunch for the next day...As for the fruit/veggie I buy bananas and strawberries...whatever is on sale but I end up eating strawberries only. The other fruits I try to eat at work as it is offered free daily.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home