Tuesday, July 27, 2004

A fourty day challenge

The Bible has this fascination with using the number 40 whenever someone is put through a test of faith.  A friend of mine set forth a challenge to reveal and strengthen the desire to find Christ that's in me. The challenge is to pray everyday for 40 consecutive days. It's almost around the amount of time that's left this summer.

What I hope to achieve at the end of this  is a heightened sense of understanding and appreciation to the gospel that is Christ. I know it can be done, but not by myself. That being said, I'd totally appreciate if any of you guys who read this take a bit of time to pray that God give me strength and disipline to overcome this challenge. September 4th, we will know.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Hola Amigos,
I just found your blog today at work! Woohoo! More time killing for me :D But, yeah, keep up the great blogging - very insightful and deep, great reading material! Nehoot, I feel so disconnected from some of you guys too but I think, in all, this summer's going well for me. Take care and God bless! Keep praying for next year's ccf! Btw, I was thinking near the end of the summer we should gather as a fellowship committee n have a huge prayer and fast to commit ourselves towards the fellowship. Lemme know wut u think...peace outside! oh yeah, if wanna chat to me, bev n jer, go to emily fan's blog (lil-emerie.blogspot.com) and you can find us chatting on her tagboard :) ahah it's for bored ppl like us at work...tell Greg n Kat too! It's fantaaabulous! Chow!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home