Sunday, October 24, 2004

Where God's Been Working

This sunday was my very first time I've ever performed worship in front of the congregation. Our team, which had only formally practiced the day before and earlier that morning, really gelled together on stage. I absolutely love our team and I am so glad that God chose us to come together and serve. Everyone said that we sounded amazing, especially for a newly formed team, but I think we all knew who the credit really belonged to that morning.

There were two things I thought about when we were finished that morning. I recall after our practice the night before, my fingers were really stinging from playing so much that I could barely put pressure on it without hurting. I remember giving a short prayer of letting me play through the pain and give my absolute best, whatever the outcome. I also recall just a month ago, how when the opportunity came to minister through worship, I was absolutely ready to dismiss the entire notion of it. I forget the reason I initally gave for being reluctant to do it, but deep down inside I think I was just scared to make a commitment to serve God. Perhaps, it was his way of saying that now's the time to make another stride in my faith. I believe that was the first time, I've ever prayed about something I was so unsure about doing.

I look to where things have progressed now and I really wonder what I was so afraid of to begin with. I remember a friend telling me when I was had my doubts was that you often learn more about God through ministering rather than ministering only when you feel you've learned enough about God. My understanding and appreciation of how God works in our lives is still incredibly raw, but I'm finding what he told me was very true.

In fellowship they asked us to see where God has been working in ours lives lately. It turns he's been pretty busy in mine. I admit that I have a hard time fully accepting and believing that God knows what's best for me. I don't want to even think about how I would feel if I hadn't chosen to take that path and trust him. Instead, with his strength and wisdom, I find myself here. It's a testament of what he's been doing in my life. Today, all the credit truly belongs to him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home