Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Learning To Live - Part I

I had came back from snowboarding for my very first time this past weekend. I was absolutely mortified about the thought of it just because everything you hear about how your butt is going to hurt at the end, your wrist will be sore, you might break something, it won't be any fun...etc..etc. Despite all that, and with some convincing by a friend, I went through with the whole thing and guess what? I absolutely loved it.

Going down the run I remember concentrating only on the my very next action and adapting to what the slope was giving me at each and every turn while getting the technique down properly. I wasn't putting all my focus on reaching the final destination at the bottom of the run, how I was planning on getting there or how many times I had failed and bailed in the past. The key thing here is that I didn't put all my focus on these things, but they still were very much in my mind the entire way. I did all this while asking God to protect me and to just let me go out on the hill and give it my very best.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how synonymous it really is to trying to live our lives. Trying to focus and live in the present to our best efforts while always keeping the past and future in mind. It's such a tough balancing act, but such is anything worthwhile. Maybe it's only really tough because we let outselves get too caught up in the past, the future or neither.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home