Sunday, January 02, 2005

Ring In The New Year

2004 was such an absolute blessing for me. I had a chance just to think about all the wonderful people I've met, friendships I had a chance to develop, the chance to figure out what I want to do with my life and most importantly find out just a little bit more who I really am and what my passion is. Most importantly, I'm starting realize just how special life really is and how important it is make use of the time we have.

The past year, I discovered that there is a spiritual side that does exists within me. That there's a musical side to me that I love expressing through my voice and guitar. That there is so much out there in life than I ever imagined.

I have so many questions about the coming year. So many uncertainties, so many things I want to accomplish. The thought that in four months time, I'll be done here really has me scared beyond belief. I really pray I can make good use of the rest of my time here. More than ever time seems to so scarce. I made myself a list of goals I'd like to accomplish over this semester and just in this lifetime. Try to remember what I dream about.

List of things:

Take care of my body that I have been blessed with (175 lbs. Bench Press 175 lbs.)
Keep developing my relationships with my brothers and sisters in Christ
Finish reading the Bible Once
Learn Cantonese and/or Mandarin
Learn Piano/Guitar
Be humble and content with everything given to me.
Have a burning desire to seek God

Above all else, dedicate myself to what matters most in life. Relationships.

Most of the time I think I sound way too serious for my own good. I found an quote that put things in a nice perspective for me. Check it out.

"Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things, God will bring you to judgement."

Ecclesiastes 11:9


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home