Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Learning To Live - Part II

I'm learning to accept that my entire past, even the ugly sides to it, is such an essential part of me. If for nothing else, it shows me how far I've hopefully come from the person that I once was. Also, I'm learning that the future is just as essential because we're trying to reach a destination at the end that's marred with fears and obstacles. Most importantly, I'm trying to learn to really cherish those special moments when they do happen and learn the meaning of having true passion. A friend of mine once told me that if you can't find heaven in life, there won't be a heaven for you in death.

Another thing I realized is that, it's how you pray that matters just as much as simply praying. I pray not to ask God to do something for me, but to work through me and give me an extra bit of determination when I'm discouraged and think about giving up. Maybe this is the way he really wants it.

I've always heard from others their "recipe" on how to live life fully but I never truly understood what they meant by it. I most often find that the ones that know this best are the ones never have to say it. I'll always be blessed to have met these people in my life. I wouldn't say I've learned how to fully live life yet but I hope I'm coming closer to figuring it out. In the end, I hope I can be an inspiration and blessing to others and just share whatever recipe of life I may have like countless others have done for me.

The more I keep writing about the things I discovered during the weekend, the more I'm left in awe by it. I never would've imagine to find such profoundness on a ski slope but I shouldn't really be surprised. God works that way. He always has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home